Monday, August 20, 2007

Living Water Guide

On Saturday Corey and I volunteered to help at our church at the "Rite of Passage" for the confirmation students. I was so moved by what I saw and was a part of that I volunteered to be a Living Water Guide for 5th grade confirmation kids starting in September.

To back up a bit...
Corey has been volunteering at Shepherd of the Lake Lutheran Church (SOLLC) as a Wave Leader for the last two years. His group of kids have already been confirmed and choose to attend Wednesday night services because they want to! He has enjoyed it so much and I have seen how much he has changed 'spiritually' as a person. I've enjoyed listening to his stories and have had fun joining him on a Wednesday evening a few times in the past.

I have always wanted to be more active in the church. I grew up in the Catholic church and always felt like I was forced to live my 'spiritual' life a certain way. Corey and I first attended a SOLLC service on Christmas Eve about 9 years ago. Immediately stepping into that church I felt something good. Every year since we have attended Christmas Eve service and started to enjoy church on Sundays. It feels so good to ENJOY church again.

In October of 2005 we were married at SOLLC. We are so blessed to have found the right church for us. I am so grateful to be with Corey and I love the fact that we're doing this together. Individually, our spiritual lives are beginning to grow stronger that together we're building a stronger marriage.

I am so excited to take this next journey in my life.

1 comment:

Captain Random said...

That's awesome! I'm so glad to hear that you both found a church that can help you grow spiritually. It's a big step!! Congrats to you both!