Sunday, May 31, 2009

We're off to a GOOD START...

Corey and I are starting off the summer on the right "fitness" track. We realized that we haven't used our bikes as much as we should and made a change...we want to ride a lot this summer. We need to be in better shape. Although Corey loves the challenge of the dirt trails I prefer the smooth, paved trails. We rode 12 miles last Memorial weekend on the Minnesota Valley Trail (From Chaska to Shakopee and back again.) I really enjoyed it and forgot how much fun biking is. We have taken a couple laps around Cleary Lake Park (3.1 miles), which is near our house, and have putted around Prior Lake. Today we tackled the Cannon Valley Trail! I'm pretty proud of myself...I've ridden a total of 56 miles in the last week! Getting back into this and riding so many miles right away has been a challenge though...I may need to invest in a new bike seat or some padded shorts...my butt is so sore.


CANNON VALLEY TRAIL

May 31, 2009
Cannon Valley Trail's 23rd Birthday!


Bike ride from Cannon Falls to Welch and back again. (22 Miles)
(Kudos to all the Zimmerman kids...they biked 11 miles!)


Me, Holly, Eric, Jane, Nick, Corey, and Dave
Genevieve, Lizzy, Zack, Eryn and Jeff

5 comments:

Aimee said...

looks like you guys had fun....beautiful day to get out and bike!!

MikeyB said...

I have a gel seat you can have.

Melanie said...

SWEET! Are you selling one...how much do you want for it?

Bryen said...

Look at that first picture: like father, like son. Neither of them can smile for a camera. Sourpusses...

MikeyB said...

$1 million dollars

oh you can just have it. :)