I can't believe that it's Labor Day today. Crazy! This summer went by too fast. I haven't done a good job of updating my blog, but I guess that just goes to show you that I stayed quite busy this summer. Here's what Corey and I have been up to...
June:
I stayed with Primrose Schools and worked with their summer camp program. (June-July-August) It was great to only have 6-10 kids a day. We took many field trips and had lots of laughs. It was a refreshing summer. Summer camp is a great way for me to slow down and have fun!
Corey and I had a unforgettable experience in Phoenix, AZ at the end of June with 13 youth (and 2 other adult leaders) from Shepherd of the Lake Church. We had fun creating a vacation bible school for Alleluia Church. Everyone worked hard studying and teaching scriptures from the bible. Making meals was also a group effort and always entertaining, especially our grocery shopping runs to the local Walmart. :) We did take some time to do some sightseeing and enjoyed the desert landscape. It was, surprisingly, only 113 degrees while we were there...very comfortable. It's true what they say, it's a dry heat! We made many new friends on this trip and enjoyed staying in contact with some of them throughout the summer. Corey and I are both looking forward to building a bigger and better youth program at Shepherd.
July:
We had a relaxing and happy 4th of July! We had fun attending Primrose Schools summer picnic and visiting and catching up with our families while showing our never ending slide show of pictures from our AZ Mission Trip.
Corey's cousins drove in from Arkansas and we planned many family get togethers to visit and catch up with all of them.
I celebrated my 30th birthday on the July 27th! It's still weird to say 30...I don't feel it!
August:
We enjoyed Prior Lake's annual Lakefront Days parade and had our mission trip friends over for a BBQ. We went on our very first Lake Minnetonka Boat Cruise and attended the free concert of Irish Punk Band, Dropkick Murphy, on St Paul's Harriet Island.
We spent a long, unfortunately cold, weekend at my Dad's lake home in Willmar. We had fun time BBQing with the Cleary family and had good luck fishing in the rain. I really enjoyed playing with my nephews, Parker and Colton.
We attended the Great Minnesota Get Together...the State Fair! We spent a good 9 hours at the fair and still did not see and do everything. We ate a lot of great, greasy food and peddled off some calories at the WCCO local news booth to win a free t-shirt. We collected about a dozen free reusable shopping bags too!
I LOVED taking every Friday off of teaching summer camp. Having long weekends was a great way to relax this summer.
Looking into September, my schedule is filled with school, school and more school! Teaching school that is. I'm looking forward to starting this new school year with a new set of 4-5 year olds, a new co-teacher and a remodeled classroom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment