Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Movin' On Up...

I'm so happy to share that as of yesterday I have accepted an "Assistant Director" position at my school! I am very excited for this next journey in my life. I have been teaching preschool age for close to ten years. I have worked in a couple different schools and have had many different positions. I feel that the time has now come for me to step into a higher position not only for the benefit of myself, but to be an advocate for all the teachers at my school.

This will be a big change for me. I will truly miss the 'teaching the children' part of my profession...but I did not second guess my choice to move forward.

I will make the big move in December!


7 comments:

Captain Random said...

Congrats!! That's awesome news. Good luck in the new position. I'm sure you'll do great!

Aimee said...

WAY TO GIRL!!! That is great news!!

Melanie said...

THANKS! I'm super excited and honored to be asked.

Melanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aimee said...

I just realized I forgot the GO!! I was just so excited to write you a phrase of praise!!! I'm a dork!

Jess said...

Congratulations Melanie- that's awesome!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Mel. We are so proud of you. Learn all you can and open your own school someday. Love, Mom B.