Sunday, January 07, 2007

After Christmas Sales are GREAT!!

Corey and I spent the weekend relaxing. Finally we had a weekend of nothing planned and we loved it.

Friday night was Guys/Girls Night. We met over at Mike and Aimee's house where the guys started their first poker tournament and Anne, Aimee and I headed off to Southdale for some shopping, dinner, and a movie. I found a great deal at the Yankee Candle Store! All of their seasonal candles were buy one get one free. When it comes to Yankee Candles, you can't pass a deal like that. So, I purchased two of my favorites...Spiced Pumpkin and Holiday Sage. We had dinner at Ruby Tuesdays and saw the movie The Holiday. It was a perfect "girls night" movie. (Thanks for the movie tickets Mike.) All of us agreed to continue the Guys/Girls Night once a month. It was relaxing and fun. Thanks for a great time Anne and Aimee...I can't wait for next month! (I guess Corey volunteered to have it at our place in February.)

Saturday consisted of sleeping in. I wasn't feeling too great, so sleeping in and not rushing off to go somewhere was good for me. (Sorry Great Grandma for not making it to your 90th Birthday Celebration...Happy Birthday!) Later that day we ended up going to HOM Furniture to look for a rug for our living room. I know it's dumb to put a rug on top of carpet, but our living room was missing something and Corey and I both agreed that a rug was it. We came upon a sale at HOM and ended up getting a nice rug for cheap. Now I can honestly say our living room is really coming together!!

On Sunday we spent the day with Todd and Jackie. We drove down to Cabela's where I found more great deals!! It's fun to shop after Christmas, everything is so inexpensive. I was able to find some vintage canisters for my kitchen. (I'm finally decorating that room.) Of course the Smore Ornaments were on sale...$2 each. I bought one to go with my collection. We spent the rest of the day hopping from furniture store to furniture store helping Todd and Jackie find a new couch. Corey and I thought we were the perfect people for the job since we just bought some new furniture ourselves. We knew were the good deals were. Once again we ended up at HOM Furniture where Todd and Jackie got a great deal on a beautiful couch and over sized chair in the HOM Clearance Center. Corey and I roamed around the Clearance Center while they filled out their paper work and we stumbled upon a great deal on a bed frame. It has the smallest dent in the side of it from shipping, so they marked it for half of the price they sell it for in the store. With much consideration, and enough in the bank...we purchased an Amish built Hickory headboard, foot rails, and foot board. It's beautiful!!! We'll pick it up at the end of the week. We are bargain hunters that's for sure.

This weekend was full of great deals for us. But, Corey and I both agree that we're done spending for awhile. Thankfully my hubby knows how to build...he's making us some tables for in our living room. (Thanks Todd for letting him use the shop.) I can't wait to see the tables!! It's been fun purchasing and building new things for our house...No more hand-me-downs.

No comments: