So....
I received an update from my dad tonight about my Grandma L. I guess she's not doing well and her cancer has now spread all over her body. When she goes back to the nursing home she'll be put on hospiscare, which is not always a good sign. I'll find out more information by the end of the week, but as far as I know she has about six months left.
Of course I'm now reflecting on life...once again.
Six months...what would you do if you knew you had six months left? Fortunately, my grandma has had a full life. She's one of the strongest people I know. She is a fighter and will continue to be one.
I'm struggling with my emotions again. I'm so sad...
I worry all of the time. No wonder my stomach hurts.
A friend once told me that GOD only gives you what you can handle. Well...I think I've had my fill lately, but apparently God thinks I'm strong enough for all of this and therefore I feel o.k.
My faith has really been tested these last two months, and I'm thankful for that.
I think of three words everyday that tend to help me in my life. FAITH, FAMILY, FRIENDS. (I want to make a sign like this.) I figure that these three things are the most important in my life. I am glad that my faith is being tested, and I am glad that I have the best family and friends to help me through the ups and downs of life. Thanks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey Mel, I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma. I'm sad with you.
Keep up the good work at being strong, we all know you, and know you can be one strong lady.
P.s. I have the 29th off if you're looking to have me come speak to the kiddies. Otherwise Feb is ok too. Love you! :)
Mel,
TRUST that God will keep you strong and He will. (It's not a test)
We love you and are here for you.
dad and mom b.
Post a Comment