Sunday, January 27, 2008

I'm On A Roll!!!



I finally finished crocheting two scarves! The orange one is 5 1/2 inches wide by 60 inches long. I ran out of yarn on the red scarf but it ended being a good size plus I added fringes for a finishing touch. It's 5 1/2 inches wide by 55 inches long. It took me a while to figure out the 'triple crochet' but I think I got it. I'm excited to show off my work, so here ya go...

The red scarf is going to my sister Stefanie as a late, but AWESOME, birthday gift. The orange one is being given to my sister Natalie. Hope you two like them!!

I visited the Hobby Lobby in Mankato yesterday and picked up some 'fishermans wool' and plan on making myself a blanket. Wish me luck. I'm hoping that my practice on the scarves will make me crochet a little faster for the blanket.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are so cute Mel. I love the orange one!!! Thanks! I have not had time to finish my scarf yet. Maybe I will get it done by this summer haha. I am trying to work on making a hat but it is harder then I thought.

Aimee said...

good work there Mel!!

do you think you can get a king size comforter done for our bed by the 14th?
JUST KIDDING.....but really, you might wanna get started!!

Jess said...

Those are super cute, Mel! And, don't you just love Hobby Lobby! My in-laws live in Rochester and I alwys have to stop at the H.L. there when we visit them.