I'm sitting here looking at my living room full of Christmas boxes and I'm feeling overwhelmed. I stayed busy over my Thanksgiving weekend and never got around to decorating for Christmas until Sunday night. Corey and I took our third annual trip to Hampton Hills Tree Farm on Sunday to cut down our Christmas Tree. I have to say it looks pretty scrawny and small compared to our last years 12 ft. monster tree. We put up some lights on the outside of the house tonight. I think we need more, but I don't think we want to be climbing on the roof now that it's snowing out. I figure by the time we get all of our Christmas stuff out we'll have to take it all down again. I'm definitely cutting back this year, I won't be putting everything out. Mainly because our smaller tree won't hold all of my ornaments I've collected over the years, but because I just want the decorating to be done.
Again, I'm over my head with too many projects to work on for Christmas presents...I'm thinking I'll save money by making a lot of gifts, but now I'm looking at the calendar and wishing for more days in the month and more time in the day. I found some good deals during my "Black Friday" shopping experience. It really wasn't that bad going shopping after Thanksgiving...it was easy in and out since I was by myself. I enjoyed laughing at the psycho shoppers though...some people are crazy!
I'm excited for our 5th Annual Brower Holiday Bash with our friends. (Although by the looks of the RSVPs a lot of people won't be showing up.) We'll have to make the best of it!
Corey and I enjoyed spending more time with our families this Thanksgiving. Usually we're rushing from one place to another and this year we decided to slow down and limit our number of visits in one day. It was great! We're looking forward to having a similar schedule for Christmas.
The snow is falling outside my window right now and I love it! Maybe this will help motivate me to continue decorating. Well...I guess if I have a snow day tomorrow and don't have to go to school I'll be able to catch up on everything. COME ON SNOW DAY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment