Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Weekend of Parties

My weekend was full of baby showers. For those of you wondering...going to the parties did not get me in the baby mood. It was fun and cute, but made me realize how much work having a baby would be. Maybe when I finally settle into my public school teaching job I can think about babies. (Public school offers great benefits!!!)

Friday night Nora, Stafanie and I went to the Canterbury Autumn Festival. It was a blast! For those of you who love crafts/ craft fairs...this is for you. We spent a good three hours roaming the tents and building looking for the perfect decor. for our houses. I ended up buying a sign for my kitchen that says..."I have a kitchen because it came with the house". For those of you who know me...I don't cook. I do love to bake cakes, cookies, etc. So my kitchen is just another room in the house. I also got a smore bear. Every year I attend this craft fair and see the same guy who carves animals out of wood with a chain saw. He makes a cute bear holding a stick with a marshmallow. I've always told myself that when the time came that I'm living in a place that has a fireplace that the bear would be the perfect thing to set in front of it. So...I bought the smore bear...and he does look cute in front of the fireplace.

Saturday my sisters and I went to a baby shower for our friend Tina. We all grew up with Tina so it was great to attend her baby party. She got so much stuff!!!
Sunday was another baby shower for my cousin and his girlfriend. It was fun, but a little akward considering I didn't know very many people there.

Now I'm into another week of school and rushing to get all of my Thanksgiving projects done. I can't believe that Thanksgiving is next week!!! Yeah...time off for me. I've been looking forward to it. I'm thinking that this year I'll head out early to get the good shopping deals and hopfully get my Christmas shopping done.

Wish me luck!

No comments: