Sunday, April 29, 2007

Wonderful Weekend!

The weather was so nice this weekend that I spent most of my time outdoors. (Yet, my legs are still a pasty white...damn. My face and arms have a nice glow to them though.)


Saturday:
Corey finished our coffee table. Now, I'm patiently waiting for the matching end tables and side table to be assembled and finished.
I'm so lucky to have such a talented husband!

Summit tried to listen to commands outside. I think the "outside" noise was a big distraction for her. Hopefully we'll learn some good tricks to keep her focused at her upcoming puppy classes.

We went to The Zimmerman's for a BBQ and Bonfire. (See post below.)


Sunday:
Corey and I took Summit to Lakefront Park today. We took a walk around the nice paved paths and down to the lake for Summit's first swim. She was a little hesitant at first, but loved to walk along the shore line...so many things for her to chew on.
I threw some sticks into the water for her to retrieve. It was funny to watch her. She was a little jumpy at the waves coming in, and waited for the sticks to reach her before she grabbed them, never letting her feet off of the sandy bottom. She loved being on the dock and it looked as if she wanted to jump in. Corey pushed her off of the dock into the shallow area and she quickly got out of the water.
We're hoping that the next time we take her up there she'll feel more comfortable to swim and do a little "doggie paddle" in the water.

I vacuumed up all of the sand out of my car today. Most of it was left over from this past winter and some from our dog. Yeah! I love a nice clean, vacuumed car. It sure is nice having our own shop-vac. I really wanted to wash the outside but decided not to because it's suppose to rain tomorrow...we'll see.

Corey and I headed over to Mikey B. and Aimee's for some BBQ. Mmmmmm...hot dogs.



Another work week is about to begin. I'm taking a risk and taking the next step in my teaching career. More info. to come...

No comments: