Well...I did it! I finally have had enough of working at the Montessori preschool and I gave my resignation today. I'll be done at the end of May.
I'm nervous and excited all at the same time.
I'm excited to move forward with my teaching career and find something with great benefits. On the other hand, I'm nervous about waiting and waiting and waiting to hear from a school.
A few months ago I applied for a summer school job within the Lakeville School District. I had an interview and a call back, which is always good, but now I continue to be on the "waiting" list. They sent me a letter saying that they have all of the staff they need for the summer as of the beginning of April. (They are full because of teachers who have previously worked in the summer program and want to come back for this year.) My application has been put on hold and I will get a call back at the end of May and we'll see if summer school student enrollment has gone up and then I'm in! The waiting part is going to suck. I'm such a planner and I need to know what I'll be doing for the summer...Now...! But, I'm taking a risk. I need to.
I have worked at the Montessori for over five years. Three years as a teaching assistant while I was in college and these last two years running my own school as a lead teacher. It's definitely had its ups and downs. I need to think on a more positive note and hope that working at the Montessori all this time will make my resume look so much better. I didn't know how my boss would take this, but she seems to be understanding and supportive. Where that came from, I don't know.
I have been looking into other school districts as well as centers and I have sent my resume to many of them.
I had an interview for a preschool position at a center in Chanhassen but I declined a second interview and turned down an offer with them. I just didn't feel right with the place. I wasn't willing to take such a huge pay cut, but they did offer a nice benefit package. Oh well...I had to go with my gut on this one.
Everyday I'm looking for a "back-up" plan in case I'm not "in" when Lakeville calls me at the end of the month.
This is good for me...to wait this thing out...to be a risk taker. Thank God for Corey, he's been so supportive and is doing his best at calming me down as I worry.
Wish me lots of luck on the job hunt.
I'm counting down the days to the end of this chapter of my teaching career...31...30...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
well i can always use a good sander
we are looking to hire someone for the summer.....
You go girl! I will pray that the perfect job comes your way!!
Hey, I hear Todd is looking for a good sander........
Good for you, Mel. One way or another it will work out for the best.
It will work out, don't worry too much.
Todd- Now that was funny as hell. :)
Post a Comment