Wednesday, August 13, 2008

New Job Position!

After filling in the blanks during many meetings and taking a month to decide...last Friday I accepted a Lead Prekindergarten position at Primrose.

I've been with Primrose School of Savage for a year now and have worked in one of their Prekindergarten classrooms the entire time.

When I left the Lead Montessori position I worked in for a few years I was lost...I didn't know which direction I wanted to take with my teaching career. I came across Primrose by accident and have felt refreshed ever since. In June of 2007 I took a step back and accepted a Prekindergarten position at Primrose. I was a little nervous to see where this was going to lead...I felt like I was starting all over.

I did, however, gain so much having to take a step back and reevaluate my teaching career. I was LUCKY enough to work beside a stellar teacher...Ms. Kaehler. We clicked right away and have enjoyed bouncing ideas off of each other. I have never worked with someone like her. We are so similar in the way we both teach, plan and organize that it's scary.

When I was asked to take a Lead position last school year I turned it down. It's funny though...it was at that moment that I really understood 'teachers'. At that time I felt that I didn't want to give up the opportunity of working beside a great teacher. Last school year turned out to be a roller coaster ride of challenges. Through the ride I was able to share a seat with Ms. Kaehler. I don't think I could have made it to the end of the ride with out her help.

When I was asked to take on the other Lead Prekindergarten spot for this year it was a tough choice. It's very rare to find reliable, outgoing and passionate people to work with.


Thinking positively...I knew this is what I came here for and knew that I had to move on and continue to grow. I am still able to work with the lovable Ms. Kaehler, just not in the same classroom anymore.

I'm slowly setting up my new room for this school year and my excitement is growing!

All I can say is that with Ms. Kaehler and I together we were GREAT...but now with both of us working as Leads for Prekindergarten 1 and 2 were going to spread out our talent, organization and love for teaching and really be AWESOME!!

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Yeah!! Congrats to you! Isn't it exciting to love where and who you work with?

Jess said...

Congrats Mel!