Thursday, October 19, 2006

Awesome Granddaughter

I actually got to leave school early today. I had parent-teacher conferences and my day ended at 2:00. It was great!! I have a great group of kids this year and my parents aren't too bad either. I had many good comments from the parents...which is always good to hear. I feel that I'm doing something right this year. Way to go Mel!

On my way home I thought to myself..."What the hell am I going to do now?" There's nothing on t.v. at this time of day, so watching t.v. is out of the question. All week I've prepared for conferences so I didn't have any school work and I have all of my crafts ready for the craft fair.

So...
I went to visit all of my grandparents today. I feel good about it too. (I guess I've earned enough points now to avoid the dreaded grandparent question..."Why don't you ever stop by to visit?") I made my way to Keystone to visit Grandma L. in the nursing home. I couldn't help but laugh at her today...maybe I was in a good mood and not so emotional this time. She knew who I was...so that's a good thing, and of course she wanted out of the place. (This is a typical response from her.) We chatted for awhile...her memory was pretty good today. She hates living in the nursing home and I tried to let her know that she's safe here, but she disagreed. She says she gets beat up by one of the ladies down the hall. Not only did I tell her to let a nurse know if this happens, but that I'll beat the lady up if she touches my grandma again. It was hard to tell if she thought that was funny or not. It was a parade when I left the place. My grandma had three of her friends accompany us down the hall and to the door. (It's like a prison in there...you need to enter a code on two doors before entering or leaving the place.) But, it was fun to have four old ladies wave to me as I left.

Next, I made my way to Grandpa and Grandma Z.'s new townhouse. It looks great! They have done a lot of work to the house. I chatted with Grandma Z. and was able to see a little bit of Grandpa. He's so busy keeping the old house in good shape for selling. Of course I had my fill of cookies!!

What a difference from one place to another. It's hard to see all of them grow old.

I was an awesome granddaughter today...I made my visits without being forced. Those are the best kind of visits ever!!

No comments: