Monday, October 09, 2006

A weekend of FUN!

This time of year is perfect for bon-fires!! Corey and I spent Friday night at his cousins, Eric and Holly's, enjoying the bon-fire in their new pit. We brought smores and had more fun laughing at the kids finding "smore" sticks bigger than them!

On Saturday Corey spent the morning helping James tear off his roof and get ready for new shingles. I spent the morning cleaning the house and organizing my craft projects. On November 4th I will be in another craft fair in Minneapolis...hoping to sell a lot!! I'm a little nervous because I'm not sure I will have enough product, or a good selection of product, but whatever I sell will be direct profit for me and I don't have to deal with the whole tax exempt issue like I did two years ago. (I paint log cabin birdhouses, make handcrafted cards and fishing lure ornaments....that's a good variety don't you think?)

Saturday night Corey and I met Aimee and some old highschool friends, Andrea and Adam, at Don Pablos for dinner. It was fun to see what those two have been up to in the last nine years. (All of us celebrate our 10 year class reunion this coming (2007) summer.) I found out that Andrea enjoys married life and works with her husband at Wells Fargo. Adam is still searching for that special someone, but has been busy this last year finishing his masters degree for teaching. Our friend Jessica is due with her third child the end of October, while Erin just had her first in September. Robin stays busy with school and working towards a nursing degree. I can't wait for a future dinner date to see everyone. It was great "catching up" and sharing stories about people we've "bumped into" over the years. Leave it to Adam to bring our yearbook!! It was fun to look back at all of the pictures.

Sunday we spent the day in Belle Plaine at Emma Krumbee's. Corey, me, Pete, Anne, and Aimee all decided that we needed to take a trip back to "memory lane" and act like kids again. We looked at scarecrows, went for a wagon ride, and had lunch at Emma Krumbee's Restaurant. Mmmmmmm...it was good. We all went home with a pumpkin. (Thanks Anne for helping me out on that one.)

After our fun at Emma Krumbee's Corey, myself and Aimee stopped over at Stef and Brian's to check out her daycare set-up. Stef starts her in home day-care the end of Oct. WOW! That's coming fast. Her house looks great! She's all set for a group of kids. (Looking around it totally reminded me of my house growing up...my mom had a daycare when I was young, there were toys/ kid stuff everywhere!) Way to stay organized Stef!

Our weekend went too fast...but I'm excited for this week at school. I'm starting a new theme with my kids...Dinosaurs! It's their favorite. My students are doing so well with their "paper-pencil" work and I have so many fun fall art projects to complete. I'm busy getting ready for conferences coming up on Oct. 19th.

Thanks for the Hocus-Pocus idea Adam...I tried it today and my kids love it!!!!

No comments: