Saturday, April 19, 2008

Fireplace...

Corey and I have been so busy working on projects lately and I noticed we forgot to show pictures of our last project...the fireplace.

Review: Corey has always hated the tile around the fireplace, so have I, and we were trying to figure out an inexpensive fix. (Our two trim additions to each side of the tile were not looking to good anymore.) I'm sure all of you 'blog readers' saw the tear out pictures on Corey's blog awhile back. (http://www.coreybrower.blogspot.com/) Well, the fireplace remodel is complete and has been for awhile. We spent a total of $7.89 on the project and we're proud of it! ($2 for fire core Sheetrock, $5.89 for a can of stain, and the rest of the pieces are misc. hardwood floor scraps Corey had in the garage.) We did have four gold decorative covers on the top and bottom of the fireplace...we noticed that they just pop off, so now our fireplace is all black! Thank goodness...bye-bye gold!


Here are the pictures...

BEFORE
(after the gold pieces were taken off)
AFTER
(wood panel surround)


3 comments:

Aimee said...

Looks good!!

Melanie said...

Thanks!

Jess said...

That looks beautiful! Great Job to Corey!