Sunday, April 06, 2008

Refreshing!!

I've been doing a lot of Spring cleaning lately.

It all started last weekend...I have a craft room / Wizard of Oz collection room in our house, I completely gutted it and started over. There had been a HUGE mess in that room since December. Corey did a lot of wood working projects over the cold months and since the garage is more like our storage area he used my room to complete projects. Now that it's warming up outside and there's a little room in the garage he's back to working outdoors. My room is now an awesome Wizard of Oz display!

I went through my craft/teaching closet and I have a big pile for Goodwill and another of teaching materials I hope to sell. I ended up throwing 8 bags of garbage away!! (I don't know what I was thinking saving all of my college papers/projects from 5 years ago.)

This weekend was spent reorganizing our filing cabinet/ computer area. I'm afraid to start shredding paper...I have so much to shred that I think I'll have to take breaks to let the paper shredder cool down.

My next mission is our kitchen. Todd and Nick have been hard at work on our new kitchen cabinets. (Corey had installed hardwood floors for his brother's boss and in return he bought materials for us to build new kitchen cabinets...Corey and his brother's are in the process of completing the new cabinets on the side.) It's really exciting to have such a big remodel change without spending money. It's also great to be married into such a talented 'woodworking' family. This will be a great way for me to clean out and get rid of a lot of extra and unused kitchen gadgets!

Another mission is our hallway closet. Last year we installed more shelves to hold all of our junk and now I can't even remember what's in all the boxes. I'm going to start going through our camping stuff and condense a little bit. We have a few camping trips planned for the summer and the less we bring the better.

We may need to have another garage sale this summer.

I did manage to enjoy the beautiful MN weather on Saturday!! I do get out of the house, but for the most part I've been a busy bee.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Good for you Mel! Spring cleaning is never any fun going into it, but it is so nice to see great results isn't it? Now if spring would just show up...