Well, I have successfully completed three days of training for my new pre-k teaching position! I can now spend my days in the classroom with the kids and not studying curriculum books. I've already spent 20 hours going over the schools curriculum. It has been a lot of material to cover, but fun. This school is so well organized and the curriculum, even though it will take me a while to get use to, is really neat.
The summer program is low-key and we have 2-3 field trips a week. So, I've been trying my best, these last few days, already preparing for next school year.
Today we went to the History Museum. We split into groups and I was with the teacher I co-teach with...we took our kids to the "weather room" to study tornadoes. We even sat in on a simulation of a tornado...BAD MISTAKE! I think we have now traumatized many of the children in our group. We literally sat on a staged set decorated like a basement and the lights went out, thunder rumbled, lightning flashed, rain fell, and a tornado shook the whole place...STUPID MUSEUM GUIDE why would tell 4-5 year olds that this is cool. We left that part of the building with 2 kids screaming and crying and the rest with their eyes about popping out of their heads. Note: Never listen to the museum guides and take young children to watch a movie about tornadoes.
Tomorrow we go to the Children's Museum. I can only hope that there are NO Tornado movies there. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Tornado demonstrations for 4-5 year olds? Heck, I still get scared of "Tornado Warnings" on the news.
That has to be the dumbest museum guide alive! "Okay, get ready kids we're all going to die!" (Lights go out).
Melanie
I cannot send a message to Aimee on her blog. Could you give her my condolences for the loss of her cousin Michael. I feel for her especially the time she missed out on family times.
I thank God everyday for my 3 girls/husbands/friends/family. I still miss Becky and the talks we use to share. I love all of you in my life.
Mel,
I am so glad that you like your new job. I have a new job too. I am the Director of Training and Development at Fabcon in Savage. I am currently working with a pre-historic LMS and am investigating new options. I love instructional design and I am having fun here too. God blessed us both this month.
Aunt Susan
Post a Comment