Sunday, February 11, 2007

I'm dreaming of...camping!








Bonfires...s'mores...jeeping...warm weather...swimming...camping. Hurry up summer!

Corey and I went to the RV & Camping Show at the Mpls. Convention Center with Mom and Dad B. today.

We drooled over these tent trailers. We enjoy camping and think it would be fun to upgrade to a tent trailer someday. This one was probably my favorite...Jayco Jay Series 1007.

We picked up some information on renting one and we're thinking about trying it out this summer. They're really inexpensive to rent for a long weekend. This will be a great way for us to try it out before really considering purchasing one.

We also picked up some information on camping near the Boundary Waters. We have camped along the Gunflint Trail before and loved it! I really want to camp in Itasca State Park this summer. I've never been there and I heard it's beautiful.

I can't wait for summer!

4 comments:

pete said...

2 Comments-

1) One cool about the trailer, I was thinking if I was going to get one I would get a 13' Scamp. Those things are rad. scamptrailers.com

2) We stayed at Lake Bemidji State Park about 30 mins North of Itasca and drove down there for the day. Bemidji was awesome, big park, lots to do, and everything was new. The showers we awesome too. We were thinking about getting a group together and heading back up there this summer some time. Pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/peteryandotcom/sets/72157594334886036/

Have fun and I can't wait to do some camping too!

-pete

Corey said...

Pete, if you guys want, we're planning on going up there anyway, you guys come along. Yay!!!

anne elizabeth fern said...

Lake Bemidji was fabulous and the campground there was very nice. I vote YES for another trip up there.

MikeyB said...

We should plan a PL camping long weekend (Thur-Sun). I'm sure Kris, James & Liz would be up for it.