O.k. here goes...
For that last two months Corey and I have been discussing dogs and whether or not we should get one. Corey has always been a dog person. When we lived in Burnsville we were not allowed to have pets in our apartment. So...we never talked about it. Now that we're in our first house it's been a topic for awhile. When Corey first brought it up last summer I immediately said...NO!
I made a post awhile back about what I think the pros and cons are to having a dog. At that time of my post the cons were pretty heavy.
Well...I think I'm changing my mind. :)
I'm "seeing" things...I swear. Every time I watch t.v. I notice dogs more. Every time I leave or arrive at my house I notice all of the people around us who have dogs and how cute they are. Two of my kids have been talking about their dogs at school. They never have before...weird. Is this a sign?
I've always said that I wasn't an animal (dog) person. Truth is...I grew up among lots of animals. My parents had a dog when I was too little to remember, but I grew up with a cat. My grandparents lived on a farm where there were plenty of dogs, cats, cows, chickens, and a pig or two. I spent lots of time on the farm growing up...I loved the animals. In the past I've helped family and friends by "dog sitting".
Right now you're probably thinking that Corey has done a great job at convincing me that our life would be better with a dog. Actually...I've done it to myself.
The pros are now out weighing the cons. As I look at my reasons the biggest was the responsibility. I don't want it. I never had much responsibility raising and taking care of pets...I was spoiled, everyone did that part for me. I had the easy part of just playing with them. Corey says that he'll do that now...that he'll take most of responsibility and I believe him. O.k. I'll help a little too. :)
We both want this. Corey has his own reasons for wanting a dog, but mine seem simple too. My life has completely changed in the last two months due to losing people that I love. I've never been so sad. I need something good to happen. I need something to be excited about. (Don't get me wrong...I have the best husband in the world.) But, I need something else...perhaps a dog...to NEED ME.
Last night I gave Corey the o.k. to start looking for a dog...possibly getting one this spring.
I know right now that some of you are probably thinking...WHAT!! Hahahahahaha!
I know my parents would probably want to have some "human grand-babies" from us, but that's what Stef and Brian can give them now. We're not ready for kids now but we would love to take the challenge of owning a pet. We can do this!!
Wish us luck!! Our lives are going to change...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Congratulations! I'm sure you'll find a dog to fall in love with :)
Thanks Anne!
Post a Comment