Thursday, February 15, 2007

Valentine's Parties at Montessori


Fun, Fun and more Fun!!

Wednesday and Thursday were filled with Valentine's Parties at my school in Shakopee. I had so much fun. When it comes to a party...I go all out. I decorated the classroom with tons of valentine decor. I gave my students balloons and fruit snacks for a valentine gift. (I figured since my theme this month is the Human Body and Nutrition, I better give something other than candy.)

We made lots of cute valentine arts and crafts. We played lots of games and sang plenty of songs. I invited the parents to join the party for the last half hour. I was really surprised that every child had a parent attend. (Thank goodness...I didn't want to have to deal with broken hearts.) The parents made beaded valentine necklaces with their child and helped their child pass out their valentines. There was some ciaos in passing out valentines...but overall it went well.

I took close to 100 pictures between the two days. Many pictures of my kids and their parents, but I only have so much room on my blog. :)

Enjoy these pics...





























































3 comments:

anne elizabeth fern said...

How fun! I love having the kids all come to school wearing pink and red. We didn't have any parents at our party, but we had some excellent valentine's bingo with candy hearts and I have a big grocery bag full of candy from the kids :)

Melanie said...

I have a huge bag of candy too! I love chocolate and candy hearts, but I don't think I could eat another one until next year.

Aimee said...

the pictures look great mel!!