Tuesday, February 19, 2008

What I've done so far...

I took a look at my posts from January and my list of New Year's Resolutions. I'm happy to say I've taken a BIG bite out of my list...

*Continue to have a wonderful, open-communication marriage with my husband, Corey.
Yep, I sure am 'open' all right. Haha.

*Remind myself how friends are so important in life, even if we don't see them as often.

My friends are really important in my life and they motivate me to always do better. This Friday I'm having a date night with my best girlfriend, Aimee.

*Give Summit extra attention when I'm home, even when I'm really tired from a long day of work.
We've had to lay low these past two weeks due to Summit's surgery...this has given me extra cuddle time with her.

*Continue to tell Corey I love him everyday.
I don't think there's ever been a day where we haven't told each other that we love one another. I'll always let him know.

*Give more to those I love and not always expect things in return.
I was lucky to receive a gift card from one of my church students at Christmas time. I used that gift card to buy books to donate to my school. These books will be given to single-parent families living in shelters. I hope that they will enjoy reading these books to their children.

*Read more books.
I actually completed one book a couple weeks ago. ("Do Dead People Watch You Shower?")

*Crochet a blanket.
I started it...so that's a plus!

*Let my students know how much I love teaching them.
I've told each of my students one thing that they do that makes me laugh.

*Tell my co-workers that they are talented and do an awesome job.
I've told my fellow PK teachers that they have been great resources for me.

*SLOW DOWN and enjoy life.
Most of the time when I pass by Corey in the living room watching TV...I sneak a kiss.

*Take a compliment.
One of my co-workers made a compliment about my valentine projects...instead of making excuses about how to make it better I simply said, "thank you".

1 comment:

Jess said...

Great job with the resolutions, Mel! You have reminded me to work harder on my own resolutions. Thanks!