Saturday, September 02, 2006

Bat Mitzvah!

Today was the first time I have ever been to a Bat Mitzvah. Corey and I drove into Minneapolis to see Alana read from the Torah at the Temple Israel. It was very interesting. (I started to nanny for Alana when she was around 3 years old...today she is thirteen!!! I can't believe how time flies!!) It was an emotional service for me. Just watching this little girl feeling so strong and confident in herself, her beliefs and morals just took my breath away. Her parents gave a wonderful speech about their daughter, and Alana gave a speech about herself and what she likes and is so passionate about as a thirteen year old. She loves to help people and wants to be a lawyer when she grows up. WOW! She's truly remarkable. The luncheon was as formal as a wedding! Absolutely beautiful!!!
I feel so blessed to have been a small part of her childhood and so honored to be a part of her special "Bat Mitzvah" day.

No comments: