What a Monday!
After just a couple of weeks my little screaming preschool girl has finally settled down and enjoys coming to school. (I guess I'm not that scary after all.)
Today was the first day that she came to school excited! I can't believe that I got her "trained" to come into the classroom happy! I'm thankful that this only took a couple of weeks v.s. months. It took a lot of negotiating with the parents...but it worked. The little girl was only allowed to come to school for short periods of time over these last two weeks. During the morning she would have lots of fun playing with her friends, but if she cried...I sent her home. (I was actually shocked that when her mom would come and pick her up that she wouldn't want to go. I think she was realizing that we do fun things at school.) So gradually she stopped crying and screaming. WHOOO HOO! This will be a good school year after all.
I have become very good at multi-tasking at school. One of my preschoolers had explosive diarrhea today and I managed to still have control of the children, while teaching a lesson and helping this boy clean up and go home. (Poor kid...I know what it's like. He was so embarrassed, and I still couldn't help but laugh a little...I'm so mean.) It's days like this that I wish I was teaching grade school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I just noticed that all of your topic headers have '!' in them. You must be excited!!
When you're climbing up a ladder and you feel a sudden splatter. Diarrhea! Diarrhea!
Post a Comment